Friday, October 5, 2007

On Love...

Please, bear with me, as I get all sappy for a moment. But know here, that this is a bigger idea than that of romantic sentiments. Love, as an interaction between people.

So it seems... all I hear these days from everyone.. is this outcry of needing to "be loved".

When did this happen?.. when did it become such a one directional thing? Love?
Everyone wants to "be loved". Who is there to "give love"?

I think, its a part of being human, our ability and need to "give love".
Yet, we seem to hold back, wait for other people to take that first step... so in the end we're all in a stalemate...this waiting game. Like a crowd of people waiting cross the street without a stoplight, it just takes that first person to take a chance and step out into traffic.
Why? Why do we have to wait for other people to make that first move? What do we really have to lose? Giving love doesn't cost anything , but to care, even if its the smallest amount. There doesn't even need to be a physical manifestation of it, just a connect between two consciousnesses.

Maybe a lot of our problems don't stem from "not being loved", but from "not being able to love".

There seems to be a lot of discussion on having children as I approach a certain age, and so far I've only heard one valid and acceptable reason to have them, from an old friend that taught me a lot about life, and my love as it were.
He said " I want children, because I have a lot of love to give."

We're so focused on "being loved", that we forget how good it feels to give it, we forget that to love someone else, to "give love", is essential in the process of "being loved".

And why not "give love"? its the only aspect of it we can control, that we can pro actively create. We can't control if someone will "love you" and we can't ever choose to "not love" if it is already there, but we can actively choose "to love".

so let us "give love"

No comments: